Monday, December 6, 2010

Isolation's Concierge

Yeratilos, I know you well. You are a cruel mistress, yet always and forever faithful. You never fail to keep me in check, pinned down under your thumb. My happiness is fodder for your insatiable appetite. When I finally obtain that first inkling of comfort with you, you tear it from me. You devour my solace but not before dangling it inches from my face, never am I able to taste. One would think that by now I would be impervious to such taunting. It is not that simple. There is always a new form of torment that you conjure up. An infinite array of methods to poke and prod at me. You always keep me at bay, but still within an arm's length. Try as I may, I can never combat your influence over me. I despise you. I refuse to accept your forsaken embrace. Alas, I am helpless to resist you. Of everything I've ever wanted, you are the antithesis and here I stand at your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment